Here are some comments by current and past creative writing workshop students:
Why did you take the workshop?
- “To pursue a long-standing dream of doing creative non-fiction writing.”
- “I want to write family stories.
- “I have always been interested in writing, and this seemed like a wonderful opportunity to learn, to write my story for grandchildren.”
What do you enjoy about the workshop experience?
- “I’ve learned many useful things: to show, not tell; to write dialogue, how to create beginnings and endings, to write, not necessarily in chronological order.”
- “I’ve learned how to write without judging (myself). It’s been so freeing!”
- “It is fun, enlightening, and great for adult learners.”
- “I have obtained helpful information and direction, as well as support.”
- “I like the writing direction, group support, and motivation.”
- “I enjoy the discussion of the writing craft.”
- “The workshop is an enjoyable, stimulating way to learn and develop writing skills with a wonderful instructor and inspired women.”
- “I’ve learned how to better organize and arrange thoughts for a more interesting story.”